Being happy is a state of mind. While I’ve been struggling with balance and trying to figure out what are the key ingredients that make a difference in my perspective daily so that I could be happy, it dawned on me maybe its a matter of practice.
With that being said, I took a deeper dive to ask myself what are some things that make me happy on a daily basis? After much contemplation I drafted the below list hoping that this would somehow shed insight into others’ lives as well.
- Laugh daily.
- Being comfortable in your own skin feels right.
- Cardio and weight lifting do give you a healthy and happier heart.
- Meditation will change your life.
- Organic is best, but there are alternatives.
- Loving yourself has no correlation with your weight.
- Nuts and seeds are your friend- find the one that tastes best to you.
- Fostering good relationships automatically feeds your soul.
- Everything in moderation.
- Improvements do not happen overnight, but they do happen.
- Giving time or money to others does have a karmic flow.
- Abundance is a state of mind.
- Worrying doesn’t prevent life from happening. Take it easy.
With all this being said, this list is a part of my own mantra for better living.
Of the above, meditation has been a key game changer. It has made the other items much easier to follow and made a noticeable difference in my day.
Fifteen minutes of mindfulness is normally all it takes. For those who struggle with meditation, write a list of positive affirmations and read them out loud for fifteen minutes if you prefer to kick off your practice. Once you memorize these, trust me it gets easier.
For tips on mediation, please read here. (point to the meditation article)
Eat well. Sweat Often.
Scratch the Diet