So there’s been a lot of information about juicing, why to do it and why not to. While it is a great way to dose up on all the greens you wouldn’t normally eat, there are certain ways of juicing that might prove more fruitful than others. No pun intended.
Here are some easy tips for those of you who want to juice smartly.
Juicing tips 101
- Grab your favorite greens and throw them in the mix- spinach is one great tasty treat!
- Spirulina, kale and swiss chard work wonders on digestion.
- Chia and even flax seed pair well with almost everything.
- Turmeric and cayenne can be great anti-oxidants and aid with detox if that is the goal.
- Use water or flaxseed milk or coconut milk. The milk additions will add nutrients you wouldn’t otherwise get.
- Optional: add whey protein from grass fed cows. I personally find this is great for protein intake and fresh market’s vanilla brand is pretty tasty!
- Optional: Add fruit- while this adds flavor try to keep it to simply one fruit, not more, as fruits are best eaten alone. Also try to include fruits that will not spike your insulin levels much like apple instead of banana.
There are some practices which really believe the addition of fruit confuses the body’s digestive flow. It delays the absorption of the greens which you are juicing for just that reason.
Since everyone is bio-individual it’s important to really think about your goal when your juicing and to try it to determine for yourself if it makes sense. Choose a day that isn’t high in stress or perhaps a day off just to test how your body is going to respond.
To read a little more click here for why Ayurveda and juicing don’t mix.
Good luck and please check out the Recipes section for some great Juicing mixes.
Click here redirects to: http://everydayayurveda.org/diet-for-your-dosha/3-reasons-avoid-green-smoothies